Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Laps

Monday, March 18, 2013

We've been living in the city temporarily while waiting to close on our new house in mid-April. High rise living with a toddler isn't as glamorous as it may sound. I can't wait to have a door that leads outside to a yard and not a hallway with an elevator. On the other hand there are still perks to living this way. If I run out of orange juice all I have to do is pop downstairs to the deli that's attached to our building. And then there is the swimming pool. On these cold days before spring has made her true entrance, the indoor pool has been a saving grace. After being pent up inside our apartment all day long, it comes as a welcome relief when B finally gets home and the three of us can walk down to the pool more than ready to take that dive into the blue. E is like a little slippery seal. Even though she can't swim on her own yet she ADORES splashing around and going under water every chance she gets. And while the two of them are busy playing I do my laps. Being pregnant (23 weeks already) I'm feeling more and more weighed these days. Heavy in my own body with all kinds of new little aches and pains to contend with. I think that's what I love the most about my new ritual swim. The weightlessness and grace that returns to me the minute I kick off from the wall to do that first stroke out into the water. Pure bliss. How about you? When was the last time you took the plunge so to speak? And if you don't have access to a body of water these days, these pictures I found on Pinterest might be another great way to get that kind of calming fix. I hope you enjoy!






Source: xaxor.com via Juniper on Pinterest

0 comments :

Post a Comment