Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Daffodil Daydreams

Monday, March 11, 2013


Moving across country is never easy. Moving from the mild climate of southern California into an especially chilly east coast springtime has proven even more challenging. On the other hand one of my biggest complaints about San Diego was it's lack of seasons. I missed the subtle shift in the air, that transformation from bare branch to budding blossom. When my husband and I chose the end of March to get married in the mountains of North Carolina six years ago, people worried that it would be too cold. Miraculously, spring sprung early that year and our celebration was filled with bright yellow sprigs of forsythia and bundles of daffodils. Today, staring out the window at yet another chilly, bare, gray March day I can't help but long for that kind of spring again, wishing I could dilly-dally the day away in a field of flowers like the one above. Soon, I hope! What do you think? When will springtime finally be here to stay?

2 comments :

  1. babymoon !!! what a great idea !!! grove park is fabulous, but if your next trip bring you back to WNC try pisgah inn. beautiful view and great food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I will say that the food at the grove park was way overpriced. Good to know about Pisgah Inn though and glad you enjoyed the babymoon idea. I hope to hear from you again. :)

    ReplyDelete