Staying Stylish in Suburbia

DIY Sun Hat Spruce Up!

Monday, May 6, 2013


Inspired by the Kentucky Derby, sunny springtime and this hat, I decided to spruce up one of my old favorites this weekend. This project was easy peasy and the result was oh so fun. Here's what you'll need.

  • Sun hat
  • Feathers (I got mine for 3.99 at Michael's)
  • Scissors
  • Needle
  • Thread


Unless you've already got one you'll need a simple sun hat to start off with. My mother-in-law bought this one for me a few years back but you can find them everywhere now a days including here and  here. Next, you'll need to decide on the color of feather you want to use along with a complementary (not matching) thread color. Then all that's left to do is to decide on the placement and get to stitching! 


Here's the result...




Pretty snazzy, right!?

2 comments :