Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Foodie Friday-Watermelon Mojito Cocktail or Mocktail

Friday, May 31, 2013


Quite Quenching

Crushed ice and long skirts have become my best friends. I'm telling you, warm weather and pregnancy don't mix. You're all hot and frazzled and you can't even cool down with a refreshing beer or your favorite cocktail of choice. It can get downright maddening. You go out to restaurants and everyone is sitting outside sipping their frilly concoctions. And you know it's all in your mind but it actually seems like they're flaunting it as you order yet another sad sip of water.

Feeling left out in the refreshment department I recently decided to take matters into my own hands. I needed something to quench my thirst and fast!  With that in mind I went about creating the most refreshingly foo-foo mocktail I could think of. I call it a watermelon mojito and she has now replaced both crushed ice and long skirts as my new BFF. Oh and did I mention that she swings both ways? Make it a virgin or add a little rum to the mix if your not with child.

Here's how it's done...



Recipe


  • 4 Tablespoons of watermelon pulp scooped straight from the rind
  • Several sprigs of fresh mint
  • 2 slices of lemon or lime
  • 2 tbsp of Agave syrup
  • Lemon or lime sparking water

Directions


  • At the bottom of a tall glass muddle together the watermelon, mint and agave syrup
  • Squeeze lemon slices into glass
  • Add ice (crushed is best)
  • Add shot of rum (optional)
  • Fill rest of glass with citrus sparkling water
  • Garnish with lemon or lime and mint 
  • Stir and Enjoy!


So simple, delicious and quenching! Let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions for me in the cocktail/mocktail department. Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments :

Post a Comment