Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Into the woods

Monday, June 10, 2013

This weekend we finally took a break from doing house projects to take a stroll through the nearby woods. It was exactly what I needed. The scent of overgrowth after a rain, the sound of the river rushing along side the path. A delicious dose of green!

At 32 weeks pregnant it was more of a waddle than a walk for me but still...









Cicada Holes


I'm no expert but from what I know Periodical Cicadas are insects that emerge once every 17 years depending on the location. They were due to hit the D.C. area this Spring, crawling out from under the ground to shed their nymph shells in order to mate. There is a constant hum to the air now while the bugs are out looking for love.


River Girl





There were shells mixed in with the pebbles on the river bank. Surprising but lovely.


I can't tell you how happy it makes me that our little one is going to grow up knowing the woods and the river. It was a huge part of my childhood and to watch her splashing around was like taking a walk down memory lane. She didn't want to leave. I told her we'd be back soon.

0 comments :

Post a Comment