Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Nesting Dolls

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Esmae has several white shadowbox shelves in her new big girl room. They came in three different sizes, small, medium and large. Now I'm on the hunt for something fun but decorative to put inside them. As a little girl I always loved playing with nesting dolls. I've been looking online at some my choices. What I found ranges from the cheaper DIY option to the higher end more expensive art pieces and back around again to the more middle ground crafty but costly sets. I like them all to be honest and whatever route I take I think it's a great way to put a modern spin on such a classic craft.

What do you think? Are you a fan?

Inexpensive DIY Babushkas 

One option is to buy these already shaped wooden doll forms and design your own little babushkas. It would be an especially fun project to do with an older kid. I found this five piece set for 15 dollars at IUsedToBeATree



Beautiful High Dollar Dolls

I love these of a kind hand painted works of art by Australian designer Melissa Gardner. Not your everyday tchotchke, they bring a bit of sophistication to the craft. These beauties sell out fast but you can find them on her online shop called Nushka


More Mid-Range Little Lovelies

These are probably my favorite options for a little girl's room. I found them online and although the prices range I think they are all sweet, fun and original. 

Modern Nesting Dolls






0 comments :

Post a Comment