Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Her First Haircut

Thursday, September 19, 2013

So many firsts are happening lately. Her first day of preschool. That was rough. Not for her but for me. Yes. I'll admit I boo-hooed a bit. We also recently went to get her very first haircut in an actual salon. If that's not a coming of age activity I don't know what is. 

I found a place that said they were good with kids. She is so wiggly I didn't want anyone without experience wielding scissors that close to her face, least of all me. The deal was if she could sit still for the haircut we would go get a smoothie afterwards. I had my doubts that even that could keep her calm but I was wrong. She did fantastic! Here is a little photo essay of how things went.


Because a girl has got to pick out a good magazine while she waits...



Then there's the ritual primping in the mirror...






Before hair shot



Followed by the actual cut...



Umm...hello cutest little fro/mullet ever! 



We played a game counting 1,2,3, before each snip. It seemed to help calm her.



She even got a blow out. Talk about full service.



Here are the after shots... So straight!





 But by the time we got home the curls were back in full force. Thank goodness! 









3 comments :