Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Sylvia Plath Inspired Costume

Monday, October 28, 2013


If your planning to attend a Hallows Eve Soiree this year but haven't found the right costume yet, you might want to consider going the literary rout. Sylvia Plath is a favorite of mine. Her look is somewhat identifiable. It's also warm and stylish without being in the least bit slutty. Part your hair to the side and if anyone asks who you're supposed to be just quote them this favorite line of mine from, The Bell Jar. " I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am."

Here are a few retro Plath-inspired pieces from ModCloth to give you an idea of how to get the look. And the best part is you can use them in your everyday wardrobe afterwards.

Sylvia Plath Inspired Costume


Sylvia Plath inspired


Blue dress
modcloth.com


Cardigan
modcloth.com


Grey socks
modcloth.com


Restricted shoes
modcloth.com


Brown handbag
modcloth.com


0 comments :

Post a Comment