Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Friday, December 20, 2013

I decided to try my hand at making chocolate covered pretzels this year. I'm not a huge sweets person but they are definitely one of my favorites. I mean who can resist that salty-sweet combo!? I also thought they would make great little x-mas gifts for our neighbors and friends. 

Ingredients 

Here's what I used to make them:
  • White melting chocolate
  • Mini pretzels
  • Sprinkles in assorted colors




Directions

1- Set up wax paper to place pretzels for cooling

2- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on half power or using defrost mode. Watch carefully and stir often to keep chocolate from burning. Once chocolate is completely smooth it is ready to use.

3- Dip top half on pretzel into melted chocolate. Careful not to burn your fingers. You can also use a spoon to assist with this process.

4- Lay chocolate covered pretzel on wax paper

5- Cover with sprinkles (I dipped one full row before applying sprinkles but you don't want to wait to long or they will cool and sprinkles won't stick. Also, you may find that you have to re-heat chocolate from time to time.


Finished Product

 They turned out so festive and fun. Not to mention how super YUMMY they were!!!


Bag it up

I used a Ziploc bag to keep them from getting stale and simple tissue paper with a sprig of rosemary to wrap it up nicely. I also used little gift bags for some of them. 




Side Note

This was a fun project but ultimately way more labor intensive than I had anticipated. I don't suggest making these if you have to have a large quantity. 



0 comments :

Post a Comment