Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Handmade Christmas Cards Three Ways

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I love getting and sending Christmas cards. It's the one time of year that a walk to the mailbox promises more than just bills. The past couple of years we have sent out family pictures as our Christmas card. This year what with the cross-country move, new baby, yadda-yadda-ya... The point is we haven't gotten around to taking any professional pictures yet. That being said I still really wanted to add a personal touch to our holiday cards. So instead of opening it up to our faces my family and friends will receive one of the three different methods of card making I played around with this year. First I chose an image and then I added a line from a Christmas Carol or saying. They aren't perfect but I put care and time in to each of them and the homemade look adds to the charm.  

P.S. These were all fairly simple and are easily replicated if you feel so inclined. I left a list of materials needed at the bottom of each different kind of card. xoxo


Craft Tape





What you'll need

  • Crafting tape
  • Paint marker

 Stencil and Paint






What you'll need

  • Paint
  • Stencil of your choice
  • Paint brush
  • Paint Markers (optional)



 Hand Drawn





What you'll need

  • Paint markers
  • Design of your choosing

Sent with love

There you have it! I also played around with some stamped Christmas cards which aren't pictured here but turned out pretty good as well. Happy card making, sending and receiving everyone! xoxo




2 comments :

  1. These are so much better than the store bought variety and the simplicity of making this is a big plus. I'm going to try and come up with some of my own!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! It's a really fun process. Have fun with it and I'm sure people will appreciate the effort. :)

      Delete