Staying Stylish in Suburbia

New Years Eve Split Personality

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's funny. New Years Eve use to be such a big deal to me. In years past I've gone to great lengths to find the right outfit and the right venue or party. Sometimes it worked out just the way imagined it would, with the right people and just the right amount of dancing and debauchery. Other times it fell flat, with a whole lot of build-up leading to a stressful or so-so evening.



In contrast, this year I couldn't be more excited to split a bottle of wine with my honey by the fire and talk about the year we've just had together. It's been a big one for us. Maybe my change in attitude reflects my age, but I'm more inclined to think it's about this stage in my life. We have two small children and going out sounds like more trouble than it's worth. It's nice to feel content with that decision though. I don't need to prove anything to myself or anyone else. If that's the kind of peace of mind and perspective that comes with getting older then I'll take it. I know that we will be back out dancing again in another New Years down the road. For now though, I feel the need to relax and reflect more than anything else.



Having said all that...In my other life, the one in my head where I'm not the nursing mother of a newborn and toddler. Yea. In that life, I'm totally picking out what to where for a crazy-fun night out on the town. I say go big or go home when it comes to dressing for the New Year. When else can you where a sequin dress, faux fur crop vest and gold heeled booties? Just saying!


New Years Eve Pretty


Have fun and stay safe out there no matter what you're doing this New Years Eve! xoxo



S Y L K brown dress
$160 - asos.com


Costa Blanca brown vest
boutiquetoyou.com


Black tight
$4.12 - newlook.com


1 comments :

  1. There are times in life when the greatest satisfaction comes from being able to say.."been there done that"

    ReplyDelete