Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Tree Time!

Monday, December 9, 2013

This weekend we drove to a farm just up the road from us on the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree. It's our very first of many Christmases to come in our new little house. I love starting traditions like this one that I know will last for years to come. 




We romped around the rolling hills planted with different kinds of fir trees. 



Then we came across this tractor that just had to be climbed.




And after some searching found our tree which we had trimmed before hauling back down to the truck. 


When it was time to pay we couldn't help but sample some of the canned goodies also harvested, made and sold on the farm. B was more than a little happy to find that they had pumpkin butter, one of his very favorites. I was more curious about their cherry salsa and Esmae had fun sampling everything!

 They also had hot chocolate and apple blossom pastries which we bought and took back to the truck for a tailgate picnic before heading home. 



 That evening we trimmed the tree and woke up the next morning to newly fallen snow. I've got to say it feels good to be living in a place where Christmas feels like Christmas again. In California it was never quite wintery enough for me to get in the full holiday spirit. Of course my Cali friends would beg to differ. I guess a lot of it comes down to what you were used to growing up. Wherever you live and whatever your holiday traditions might be though I hope you all are feeling festive and happy! xoxo






















0 comments :

Post a Comment