Staying Stylish in Suburbia

A "BANG" up job...or not.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ever tried hair extensions before? Curious? I'm not ashamed to admit that I was. Here's why. I tried having bangs two years ago. I even went back and got them trimmed a couple times before calling it quits. Because here's the thing. As much as I like the idea of having bangs, the reality is that they're way too high maintenance for me. My hair is naturally wavy. The shorter you cut it the curlier it gets, meaning that my bangs had to be tamed daily. I may enjoy picking out an outfit and slapping on some lipstick, but I am far from high maintenance in the hair department. Pulling out the straightening iron every single day is simply not for me. I can't even blame it on motherhood. I've never been that committed to styling my hair. Anything I do has to be simple and quick. Which leads me back to hair extensions. While perusing the blogesphere the other day, I ran across a post from another blogger who was trying out different hair extensions, including this clip on bang by Ken Paves. It got good reviews and was said to be simple to use so I decided to give it a try and ordered the bangs off of amazon.

When they arrived they were too long. Luckily I was due for a regular hair trim anyways and took them along with me to the salon. I felt a bit silly whipping a hair piece out of my purse and asking my hairdresser for her help. She didn't even blink. I had them trimmed down a bit and they were ready to wear.

I'm still on the fence about this whole experiment. I like the idea of being able to switch up my look so quickly but I can't decide if they look natural enough, and I haven't worked up the guts to wear them out and about. It doesn't help that my husband, who is always complimentary of me, isn't really a fan.

That being said, here are the before and after shots...

.






Voila! It's a new look for Spring without the commitment.  What do you think? Would you ever give these a try? 




1 comments :

  1. I think you could pull it off. I'll have to check it out in person. Wear them when we go out!

    ReplyDelete