Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Baby travel gear

Thursday, January 16, 2014

baby travel gear

These four things are my essentials when it comes to being on the go with baby. Again, I'm not endorsing any one brand here, just letting you know what has worked for us, so you can make an educated decision.


1- Stroller: We chose the Bob for a few reasons. I wanted a reliable jogging stroller so that I could take the babies running with me. We also liked the Bob because it fits most car seats. That's important because it means newborns can ride inside their carrier until they are old enough to use the regular stroller seat. I'm sure most strollers have a similar feature but it's something you'll want to double check on before making such a big purchase. Another great thing about the Bob is that, because it is so well made, you can get a decent re-sell price for it on somewhere like craigslist. That's nice for once the babies have outgrown it and you're ready to free up some storage space.

2- Baby carrier: We use the Baby Bjorn and have been really happy with it. One of the things I love about it is that you can have the baby facing in or out, depending on the baby's preference and yours. With our first daughter, she hated facing in and would cry that way but when we flipped her around to see out, she was happy as could be. Our second baby seems to be fine either way. When she is sleepy I'll have her facing me and when she is awake, I'll let her look around at the big ol' world. The downside to the Baby Bjorn is that after a while, as the baby gets bigger, it can start to hurt your back. For that reason I have friends who swear by the Ergo. It is supposed to be the most comfortable on your back. The only downside is that you can only have your baby facing you. Another nice thing about the Ergo though, is that you can also wear it on your back like a backpack when the baby gets a little older, making it that much more comfortable for you. Baby wraps are a third option to try out, although, I will say that I tried the Moby wrap and found it to be far too much material to lug around everywhere. That was just my experience though. The important thing is that you have some kind of carrier for your baby. The one you choose is totally up to you.

3- Car Seat: Fairly self-explanatory. Just make sure that whatever car seat you buy will fit with your other gear like the stroller, as mentioned before.

4- Snap N Go: When you don't want to lug around your big heavy-duty jogging stroller, the Snap N Go is super handy alternative. I keep mine in the trunk of my car and use it for errands. It folds up and then snaps into place so that the baby's car seat can be placed into it. Again, make sure whatever car seat you get will work with this. So handy!


0 comments :

Post a Comment