Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Product Review: Infinity Scarf / Nursing Cover

Thursday, January 9, 2014



I'm in full favor of mamas looking and feeling their best. That's what drew me to this particular product to begin with. The Infinity scarf from Vintage Dutch Girl is described as an accessory first, with the added benefit of becoming a nursing cover as well. Brilliant, right!? I thought so, and ordered one even before Maz made her first appearance into the world. I've been using the scarf for a while now and I think it's safe to say that I'm ready to share my thoughts on it.

If I had to rate this as a product on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it an 7.5 or 8. I'll start with the things I like about it first... 



Pros

I'll admit I was first drawn to the scarf because of the gray chevron that goes with almost everything. In other words, I would wear this scarf even if I wasn't a nursing mom. That's a big plus since so many nursing covers are just plain ugly in my opinion. I also really like that the material is versatile enough to wear in both winter and summer. Not to mention super soft, which is important when it comes to anything that's going to be up against my neck or my baby's skin. It isn't sheer either, so I don't worry about people seeing through when I'm out and about nursing in public.

Cons

On the flip side, the scarf isn't quite wide enough to cover both baby and me from all angles. It gets the job done but I would feel better if I had a little more coverage. Mazzy is at a stage now where she likes to move her hands and wiggle around while she nurses. It's too easy for her to tug at the material and leave me exposed. Since buying this particular scarf I've seen others that seem just as cute but are also wider to provide more piece of mind. 


There are different ways you can drape the scarf while nursing. This is the way that seems to work best for us, considering the width. I hope this has been a helpful review. Do you have any favorite nursing cover? I'm always on the lookout for a great design. xoxo

P.S. 

If you enjoyed this review "Like" us on Facebook to keep up to date on future posts. 


2 comments :

  1. Love! So what were the other brands that were wider?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful infinity scarf which also doubles as a nursing cover, is a brilliant way to nurse in public while avoiding the possibility of accidentally exposing yourself. Also, mommies can wear it well after the nursing days have ended.

    ReplyDelete