Staying Stylish in Suburbia

Indian Meatballs in Coconut Curry

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Back in San Diego we had an amazing Indian place that delivered to our doorstep. Needless to say they were on speed dial. I haven't found anything comparable in deliciousness or proximity around here yet. I've been craving Indian though, and while perusing Pinterest the other day, I came across a recipe of Indian meatballs. I decided to take that idea and tweak it to our taste. What I came up with was not too hot because of the kiddos but packed with spice and flavor nonetheless. Even the baby loved it. Give it a try this weekend and tell me what you think. xoxo



Meatballs 


1 pound ground beef,chicken or turkey
2 tbsp ginger paste

1 tsp garlic powder  
1 tsp red chili powder (optional)
2 tbsp finely chopped mint (optional)
1/4 tsp turmeric 

1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp salt 


Preheat oven to 400
Mix ingredients together and form into meatballs, placing them on a greased baking sheet
Bake for 17-20 minutes


Coconut Curry


2 tbs Patak's concentrated curry paste
2 cans of coconut milk. (scoop cream off top and discard the extra liquid or it will be too runny.) 
1tsp sugar
salt to taste
Combine ingredients and simmer on low heat

Rice


Cook multi grain sticky rice as directed
Add tbs of butter 
Squeeze a slice of lemon or lime over the rice and mix

Combine



Once the meatballs are done baking add them to the curry and pour over rice to enjoy!!! P.S. I served mine with Naan. You could also easily add veggies to the mix which is what I'll probably do the next time I make this. 





0 comments :

Post a Comment