Staying Stylish in Suburbia

The Pleasure of Painting

Thursday, September 4, 2014

I have begun painting more regularly. It makes me really happy. I've always loved to paint but I'm taking it more seriously these days, although it feels anything but serious. It feels like a release. The more I paint, the more I want to paint. I literally close my eyes at night and see colors and compositions I can't wait to try. I've been sneaking in my garage/studio time while the girls nap. Either that or Esmae and I will paint together while the baby sleeps. She loves making art too and it's been a blessing to share that time with her. My hubby built a beautiful easel, along with the custom paint box below, out of recycled wood from our old couch. He's kinda amazing.  

As it turns towards autumn, I feel like I'm in a new season within myself as well. I have a lot going on but all good things. Life feels busy but sweet, which is just the way I like it! xoxo








 





0 comments :

Post a Comment